Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Can the person that I want to leave my residence and autos

Can the person that I want to leave my residence and autos to also be the designated person for the power of attorney?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. Yes, there is no legal impediment to that at all. Remember, that the POA automatically terminates upon your death and at that point the executor named in your will takes charge of your estate. But, the person designated as POA can also be named as executor in your will even though that person is a beneficiary of your will.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/