Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

Is a Trustee required to provide a copy of the entire revocable

Is a Trustee required to provide a copy of the entire revocable trust to all (or any) of the heirs? A copy of the last will and testament has been provided already. Is it a breech of privacy to let everyone know what everyone else is receiving?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. The Section(NNN) NNN-NNNN2)(b) of the Michigan Trust Code is specifically applicable to whether or not the entire trust agreement or only the provisions specifically applicable to a beneficiary must be provided.

"700.7814 Duty to inform and report.
Sec. 7814.

(1) A trustee shall keep the qualified trust beneficiaries reasonably informed about the administration of the trust and of the material facts necessary for them to protect their interests. Unless unreasonable under the circumstances, a trustee shall promptly respond to a trust beneficiary's request for information related to the administration of the trust.

(2) A trustee shall do all of the following:

(a) Upon the reasonable request of a trust beneficiary, promptly furnish to the trust beneficiary a copy of the terms of the trust that describe or affect the trust beneficiary's interest and relevant information about the trust property."

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. My specific question is am I required by law to share with a beneficiary what percentage of the estate the other beneficiaries are receiving?

You're welcome. No, you only are required to disclose to each specific beneficiary what percentage that beneficiary is receiving. You need not disclose the break down of the remaining percentages to other beneficiaries.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: