Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

Last year, my siblings and I inherited from my mother a 10%

Last year, my siblings and I inherited from my mother a 10% share of a land holding(raw desert property-unimproved) held in an annuity. How do my siblings and I divest from this property annuity since none of us have interest in it and we are concerned with future liabilities i.e.: property taxes?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you with the information you are seeking.

You would each have to submit a voluntary renunciation of inheritance to the estate and to the annuity administrator. You would be renouncing your right to that part of the inheritance and it is done through the probate court and the court would then issue the order and it would go to more remote heirs and then to the state if there are no more remote heirs.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.