J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
64316804

I typed a long winded reply to your reply . What happened

I typed a long winded reply to your reply . What happened to it ? What do I do now?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 1 year ago.

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

The system does not show that you've ever asked a question under this account. What is your question?

Customer:

I typed a long winded responce for my question. Do i need to do it again??

TMcJD :

I see you paid $450,000 to a firm by mistake. Was the amount wrong? Or should nothing have gone to the firm? I see that you have talked to the firm already and they are in the process of returning the money to you. What additional questions did you have about the mistake?

Customer:

The firm of "waddell&Reed Inc " should have received nothing that was never my intent and the rep that made the check knew that as i had informed him several times I had no interest in investing in his firm.

TMcJD :

Okay. I see. But if they have agreed to return the money to you and you're simply waiting on the check, what other information are you seeking concerning the mistake.

Customer:

I do not beleive that after coning me out of my money they are simply going to give back,do you?

TMcJD :

I'm only going based on what you noted -- you said they were going to give you the money back and were in the process of issuing a check? Do you have any reason to believe what they've told you is not true?

TMcJD :

So did you write the check or did the representative of W&R write the check? Was it a mistake in that you now regret doing it although you did it willingly or was it a mistake as in you signed something you didn't realize you signed that authorized the check?

Customer:

I never said they were in the process of issuing. The rep said he would make an appointment in two weeks to try and help return the funds. How long does it take to write a check if returning the money is really his intent.?

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome! Thank you for allowing me to be of service to you. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you might be hoping to hear.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. If a representative at Waddell and Reed received unauthorized funds from a client or potential client by false means not only should the funds be returned immediately, but such actions should be reported and a complaint filed to the State Department Consumer and Business Services that regulates securities and insurance.

If it was a mutual mistake by the parties, it seems like waiting two weeks is a little long but there is not a legal requirement that it occur immediately just that it be remedied within a reasonable time. Instead of dealing with the representative directly, you may wish to contact Client Services and request to speak to someone about the situation and continue to go up the ladder until you reach management level and a person that can assist you and has the authority to make a decision and help you. Here is a link to that contact information: www.waddell.com/contact_us.aspx

I apologize that this was probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated 3 or higher. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" or “continue conversation” tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

J. Warren, Attorney
Experience: Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.