Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

The deceaseds brother, an attorney, also was the recipient

The deceased's brother, an attorney, also was the recipient of the interest signed away. Isn't that a bit unethical? No independent attorney was there.

A possible question of ethics always exists when an attorney participates in a legal matter in which he has a personal interest; however, the preparation and supervision of a deed signing by a family member where he is one grantee, isn't unethical in and of itself. The surrounding circumstances have to be considered. The exercise of undue influence would be a serious ethical breach though.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.