Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

What if my grandmother had a will that stated that all her

What if my grandmother had a will that stated that all her children were named as beneficiary but, the will did not put in thier names separately on the will then if my mother had died would I still be able to collect my mothers portion of estste

Hello and thanks for submitting this question. The designation of "all my children" in a will is quite legal whether they are individually named or not. If the words "who survive me" were not included, then the children of the deceased child, i.e. you and your siblings will inherit your mother's share.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.