Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

Does a Trust deed title over ride a will? Have a complicated

Customer Question

Does a Trust deed title over ride a will? Have a complicated situation where a trust deed was done by the aunt who's will we are the executor of. However the will states the house is ours to sell to the individuals in the trust deed for a set amount if we choose to sell the home. Very confusing situation.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
A trust deed is intended as a mortgage,which is a security interest by way of the creditor holding legal title in the property. It will have priority over a provision in the debtor's will, which means that the holder of the trust deed can acquire the equitable title by forcing a sale of the property to satisfy the debt that is secured. Without knowing the stated terms of the trust deed,the will and all the surrounding circumstances, this is as far as I can go in explaining your situation.
I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.