LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
63726236

IF THE ASSETS OF A DECEASED PERSON ARE FROZEN, DOES THAT INCLUDE

Customer Question

IF THE ASSETS OF A DECEASED PERSON ARE FROZEN, DOES THAT INCLUDE CD'S WITH BENEFICIARIES?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 years ago.

LegalGems :

Hi; My goal is to provide you with great service - if you have any questions during our chat, please ask! I'll do my best to ensure your satisfaction!

LegalGems :

When a decedent's assets are frozen, that includes all bank accounts titled in the decedent's name, unless it was held in joint tenancy; then generally it is not frozen, as the joint tenant would be able to continue to use the account.

LegalGems :

If this was a pay on death account, it would pass, as a matter of law, to the named party - and would not need to be probated. However, if the beneficiary was listed in the will, then it would be frozen until an executor is appointed and the executor notifies the bank.

LegalGems :

Please let me know if you have any questions on the above. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JA/Pearl! I hope you found my services helpful, as this is important to me.

If you need further assistance, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My career position is an attorney; my hobby is a researcher. Fortunately these compliment each other! I hope that means you received great service - and I enjoyed providing it!!

___________________________________
Thank you for rating my answer as this is how I receive compensation for assisting you. I hope JA/Pearl and myself has met your needs and provided you general legal information for you to use in the future. Thank You!