Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

As a personal representative, what are acceptable expenses

As a personal representative, what are acceptable expenses of the estate that could be incurred?
Such a list would be virtually endless. Can you be more specific and list the type of expense that you think might be incurred. Thanks. We'll stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

replace locks on decedent's home, stay in a hotel for a few nights until decendent's home is safely habitable, gas for travel to/from personal representative's home to attend to duties to settle the estate

These are all definitely acceptable expenses. Securing and servicing the estate's property must be done. PR is always entitled to a fee for services to the estate. Reimbursable expenses for reasonable and necessary travel and hotel would also be part of the PR's petition for fees.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.