Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.

In California how long after the Death of the Trustee will

In California how long after the Death of the Trustee will it take to settle the Trust and pay family?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

The terms of the trust would determine the obligations of the trustee with regard to distributing the income and corpus of the trust.

If the trustee is not acting in accordance with the terms of the trust then any beneficiary may file a motion with the probate court ordering the trustee to abide by the trust terms.

If the court finds that the trustee is in violation of its fiduciary duties then the court may also remove the trustee and appoint a successor to administer the trust properly.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.