Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

im taking care of my mother estate that is in probate and

i'm taking care of my mother estate that is in probate and have a question about submitting the Order for Final Distribution. Is it vital for the Order for Final Distribution look exactly like the Petition for Final Distribution? In my Petition for Final Distribution I combined all the inventory which was miscellaneous items around the house and fit everything in one paragraph on my inventory/appraisal form. I'm preparing the Order for Final Distribution and would like to know if it is critical to word the inventory exactly the same (verbatim) as I have on the Petition for Final Distribution?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The order for distribution should look the same as the petition, since all of the property you are distributing by order has not changed and it is not any different than in the petition. Where it can deviate is if you previously lumped all of the miscellaneous items together and now you are dividing them to distribute you would do that by noting in the order "Miscellaneous Item-Chair," for example to specify what miscellaneous property that is being given to the heirs.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm the only one receiving anything. I thought it would look better if I named one particular item to myself then , " To Neko, the china cabinet and contents; Appraised Value $350.00. All the rest, residue, and remainder of the estate, hereafter more particularly described, together with any other property of the estate not known or discovered which may belong to the, or in which the decedent or the estate may have an interest, is hereby distributed to Neko, 100%.

Thank you for your response.

If you are the sole heir, then no, you would make it look identical to the petition for distribution already approved and seen by the court. There is no need to make it look better, that can cause issues with the court then going back and looking at the petition and asking why you did not properly list items on the petition.

Keep it named exactly as you have in the petition in this instance.