Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I am having problems with a mortgage company. I asked for

Customer Question

I am having problems with a mortgage company. I asked for a modification and I am in a trial period. in the mean time my credit score is being messed up. They say they are going to repair it but they will not put this in writing what do I do. Norma
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Are you dealing directly with the bank or is this a company which promised to obtain a mortgage modification for you?

Were your payments current? Were you advised to stop paying your mortgage?

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am dealing directly with BOA. I have been in this house for seven years and have never been late. I have only been reported late since I started the trial modification in may. I pay a reduced rate of 1386.19 instead of the 1,800.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the additional information.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

You should not be reported as late if the bank has authorized a reduction, even one that is for the trial period.

Fortunately, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information. If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate and report it to the consumer reporting agency, the agency must investigate unless your dispute is frivolous.

Consumer reporting agencies must correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information. Inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information must be removed or corrected, usually within 30 days. However, a consumer reporting agency may continue to report information it has verified as accurate.

Tell the credit reporting company, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate. Include copies (NOT originals) of documents that support your position. In addition to providing your complete name and address, your letter should clearly identify each item in your report you dispute, state the facts and explain why you dispute the information, and request that it be removed or corrected. You may want to enclose a copy of your report with the items in question circled. Send your letter by certified mail, “return receipt requested,” so you can document what the credit reporting company received. Keep copies of your dispute letter and enclosures.

Credit reporting companies must investigate the items in question — usually within 30 days — unless they consider your dispute frivolous. They also must forward all the relevant data you provide about the inaccuracy to the organization that provided the information. After the information provider receives notice of a dispute from the credit reporting company, it must investigate, review the relevant information, and report the results back to the credit reporting company. If the information provider finds the disputed information is inaccurate, it must notify all three nationwide credit reporting companies so they can correct the information in your file.

When the investigation is complete, the credit reporting company must give you the results in writing and a free copy of your report if the dispute results in a change. This free report does not count as your annual free report. If an item is changed or deleted, the credit reporting company cannot put the disputed information back in your file unless the information provider verifies that it is accurate and complete. The credit reporting company also must send you written notice that includes the name, address, and phone number of the information provider.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there any thing else I can do.? what type of lawyer will I need if this is not corrected

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for following up with me.

With regard to your credit score, that is the best process which can be done on your own.

You would want a commercial litigation attorney, but I do think you can resolve this on your own with the process I described.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Loren, Attorney
Experience: 30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Norma, for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.