socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am trying to settle my late mothers estate. She was a US

I am trying to settle my late mother's estate. She was a US citizen. She had funds with Manulife but they are insisting that I get a "Medallion" stamp on a form - my bank (TD) has never heard of such a stamp so they witnessed my signature and stamped it with their stamp. Not good enough for Manulife. Do you know where I mignt obtain such a stamp? Many thanks...............Barb xxxxxxxx - XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]

This notice from will explain how you can find a Medallion Signature Guarantee location. Even if you find a member bank that will give you a guarantee, be advised that sometimes the bank won't stamp your document. The Medallion stamp is actually an insurance policy, so the organization that stamps the document is doing more than certifying you are who you say you are. The organization is agreeing to pay damages caused if the organization discovered it made an error and there was some sort of scam involved.

You are about to embark on a bit of a wild-goose-chase. I just thought you should know the "rest of the story."

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you give me the name of an institutution where I might get this "Medallion" stamp so I can approach them? I am Canadian in Canada.Thanks again............Barb xxxxxxxx

Well, you're probably going to scratch your head at what I'm about to show you, but if you click here, you will see that your institution offers a Medallion Signature Guarantee.

Fidelity Investments also provides signature guarantee -- however, it's only available to account holders.

That's about all of the organizations that I know for certain.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance. Can you confirm that my Visa will be billed only the one time for $30 Can - just for my piece of mind. I really appreciate your speedy reply re: TD Bank. Thanks so very much.....

Barb xxxxx

As long as you did not sign up for a subscription, you will only receive one bill (assuming that everything works as advertised).

Thanks for your kind thoughts.