RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

We are buying real estate with cash and setting up a blind

We are buying real estate with cash and setting up a blind trust. Does the trust need to be set up and documented at closing or can the property be transferred later to this trust?

Thanks for your question and good day to you.

You can close on the property and put it in your names and then quitclaim it to the trust later when you get it set up.This is pretty common that folks do so.It would not be a problem to close here in your names and then transfer it to the blind trust later on by quitclaim.Again this is pretty common to do so.

Good luck with the closing.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again for letting me help you today.

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.