John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.
18914223

My male friend left me some money as his benificary. He was

My male friend left me some money as his benificary. He was married, but not living with her since 2000. She lives in Tenn, and He was living in His wife was accidently left as the benificary when he added me. His wife told me that she would find a way to keep me from my half of the money. I need help on getting a Death Cert, so that I can get my share. My Friend died Christmas morning in Tenn. He lived in Fla.
My Friend wanted me to have the money,so he left it to me.. Should be some way to get a Death Cert. if I am a benificary.
Help
Carolyn
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

If you try to go through the Tennessee Vital records you are going to have to prove you are a family member entitled to the record.

However, you can make a request by going directly to the County Archive in the county where he died. You will need to do this in person to have the best luck. Please bring cash and a check as there may be a small fee from the county archives for the certificate.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,