John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.

If a revocable trust is created by a settlor in Florida and

If a revocable trust is created by a settlor in Florida and that the trustee to be isnt presently in the country,
how does the trustee who isnt in the country goes about signing and having witnesses sign as well? Can the document be emailed, signed, witnessed and notarized in another country by the trustee?
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Yes, absolutely the trustee can have documents signed, witnessed and notarized in another country. They will have to go to an American Consulate Office in the country and request an American notary. There should be witnesses at the Consulate but they may want to take witnesses just in case. There will likely be a notary fee and it generally requires an appointment.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So Can I just email the document before I apply my own signature as grantor so the trustee can sign it with witness and notary stamp and then email me back the sign document or do I need to mail original and the trustee needs to mail back after signing?

Absolutely. That is the best way to go about getting this document completely signed.