Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

hey we spoke earlier and then i got focused on having another

hey we spoke earlier and then i got focused on having another attorney just in case mine pulled some stunt .. we spoke about legal malpractive ..hoa issue ... complaint never ready but promised 8 times etcetc

TMcJD :

Yes, did you need additional assistance?

Customer:

one thing .. yesterday per the advice of another attorney who's a friend i sent this attorney a fedex letter that pretty much spelled out what i expected for Friday .. I did this because of the vague language that was always provided which oprovided no answers as well as him never contacting me

Customer:

today at 1 i get a text asking me about the fedex that i sent to his office at akin gump ... i didnt see the text for three hours but my take is that he thought it was an ethics violation report or a malpractice suit against him

Customer:

i told him what it was ... he then tells me he's read it and that 6 people in his office were cataloguing it .. the attorneys at AG were involved etc etc ...supposedly sending a fedex to his office was just such a big deal ... does that make any sense .... i can't imagine that every fedex into a law firm is scrutinized like that .. he then gets all huffy and tells me to communicate only through his personal attorney

Customer:

is he nuts? or am I? im thinking he wants out of thjis case so badly that he'll use any excuse to try and convince me that he has a right to withdrawal 2 days before the answer is due

TMcJD :

He can't terminate engagement and cause you to miss a deadline without breaching his ethical obligation to you.

Customer:

this whole process has gotten so ridiculous it's become almost funny ..... reading his BS about reasoning to withdrawal

Customer:

i thought so

TMcJD :

He needs to at least get an answer on file that can later be amended, especially given that he's been working on this for a while now. I would appreciate it if you could go back to the original chat/Q&A that we were engaged in and provide a positive rating and bonus (as you noted you would do). Thanks.

Customer:

hes worried about me sending a fedex ,,, but not worried about his boyfriend opening emails for him and responding sometimes... or having his bf open them once transferred to his account ... i track all email with invisible verify receipt

Customer:

i will for sure im sorry

Customer:

i got caught up with other lawyers etc ... i

TMcJD :

Yeah, it seems odd he's freaked out by your package when this has been going on so long and he's failed to get anything done

TMcJD :

He knows he could possibly get in trouble

Customer:

i just left it as i'm considering everything in place until i hear differently ...

Customer:

the package had the details he may not even realize exist ... he's overly anxious about me fileing a malpractice case .. that was more obvious today than ever...ok ill let you go and go back to that las t email rate and pay

Customer:

do the bar legal boards have any bite

Customer:

i only ask because id present that once he's got response in place .. if they come down on him it seems like a malpractice case would be easier to consider moving forward with ..

TMcJD :

Oh yes the ethics board/committee has a huge bite

TMcJD :

Here's the link to our prior conversation so you can provide the rating and bonus:

TMcJD :

http://www.justanswer.com/law/7stsy-legal-malpractice-120-days-told-complaint.html

TMcJD :

Thanks.

Customer:

done .. have a good one thanks for the info ..

TMcJD :

You're welcome. Thank you and you have a great day too. I hope everything works out for you. Please let me know if I can help in the future.

Customer:

Tried to catch you back online .. last two days interesting .. Wednesday night series of emails from attorney pretty much setting up his legal defense .... even made statements about the fee arrangement needing to be changed due to me being the defendant..... and not the plaintiff,,,,then yesterdays call with him and his father basically went through this very detailed multi action/claim/status legal suit that I wasn't going to be able to see before it was verified and sent .. so I guess I may get an email copy today ... so i listened and knwew i needed them to respond more than anything ...so im assuming they will ... im assuming they can sign the verified answer?

Customer:

hi again, thought you'd signed on

TMcJD :

I've never seen a verified pleadings that is verified by the attorney. It is verified by the party.