Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

we to change our ingress.are 74yrs and 85yrs young and this has us both upset.they say i

we to change our ingress.are 74yrs and 85yrs young and this has us both upset.they say it well cost us a lot of money to change our ingress.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 1 year ago.

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

Sorry, but could you please provide more information and details. It will be impossible to assist you without some context (more facts) and an explanation of precisely what you are trying to do and what your question about the law is. Thanks.

Customer:

we live in a small town that has 2,5,10 acre plots. when we bought the property in 1993 we had a title company search and all these years all has been good but 2 yrs ago they blocked us off and told us to go out the west side of our land

Customer:

Can they do this ? they want me to pay to have electric power poles moved and go out a new way.??

TMcJD :

Why are they saying you have to go out a new way? Are you crossing someone else's land to go out the way you have been going? If yes, do you not have a written easement to cross that land? Regarding the way they want you to go now -- is that crossing anyone else's land or is that a straight access point to a public road?

Customer:

They are making a horse trail and there isn't enough room for me and it

Customer:

IT was a maintance road along a canal and a street until they dug the canal wider now not enough room

Customer:

I have the same easement they have I think.

Customer:

On the west side I have to use the easement and private property, move power poles and put up a new fence.

TMcJD :

Who is "they"? Are they telling you to go another route? Do they only have an easement as well? If so, who is the property owner? Have you spoken with the property owner?

Customer:

They are Loxahatchee Groves Water Control, Yes LGWCD wants us to go out the west side of our property across private property to a new culvert they just had my title insurance pay 1/6 of. But it will cost me. I have a choose to either build my own culvert across the canal or go west. Are there no Laws to protect people? Why did I have to buy Title Ins in 1993 when I bought this place. We are old, all we want is peace. We can't afford to do either. We live on S.S. and have one rental property. The property owner is on the LGWCD board, his property had no ingress/egress so he now has one and I don't . It is a straight access to the new culvert I have to cross the canal on. after I drive on the horse trail easement and his property.

TMcJD :

I'm not going to be able to assist you -- I really would need a great deal more information. I'll opt out and allow another expert to to step in if they believe they can provide any help. Thanks.

Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Unless your title insurance policy covers this particular instance, you will be left with the options that your previously mentioned.

Alternatively, you can continue to go the route that is most conveinient until restrictions are made or sue LGWCD for encroachment and restrain them from blocking you.

Please be sure to rate my answer. Thank you. Let me know if any additional assistance is required of me.

Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience: Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.