How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I contest this will because it takes $30,000 from Lois two

This answer was rated:

I contest this will because it takes $30,000 from Lois' two sons and gives it to Mara Ammons.

My sister, Lois, and I were working on a will for her, but gave it up because it was above our skill level. Here is some unfinished work before Mara Ammons laid claim to the mortgage proceeds.

FIRST: I hereby direct and request that my personal representative, hereinafter named, as soon as there may be sufficient funds available for such purposes, pay my funeral expenses, also pay my lawful debts, if any there be at the time of my demise, as soon after death as can be lawfully and conveniently done.

SECOND: I herby declare that I am unmarried and that I have three children:Namely, Charles XXXXX XXXXX, JR., Games Campbell and XXXXX XXXXX.

THIRD: I desire that my body be buried, suitable to my circumstances in life.

FOURTH: I give certain items of my personal property owned by me at the time of my death in the manner described in the last dated writing made for this purpose and signed

by me that is in existence at the time of my death. If no such writing is found and properly identified by my personal representative within thirty (30) days after his qualification, it shall be conclusively presumed that no such writing exists. If there should be any conflict in ghe provisions of this will and the last dated writing then the last dated writing shall control.

FIFTH: I give, devise and bequeath the following cahse bequest to my grandchildren, provided they survive me:
A, Ashly semmler
B. Christopeher XXXXX XXXXX
D Blaze Cambpell,

SIXTH: The residue and remainder of my property whether real, personal or mixed, whatsoever and wheresoever, to which I may be entitled,or which I may have the power to dispose shall be liquidated and divided into (number) equal parts. for Charles XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXX XXXXX.

Lois Faye Campbell
Page 1 of 3

SEVENTH: I hereby appoint my friend, Mira Ammons, as personal representative of this, my Last Will and Testament, and I direct that she shall not be required to give bond or other security for the faithful performance of her duties; and I vest my personal representative with the full power and authority to sell, transfer and convey any real property, real personal or mixed, which I may own at the time of my death, at such time and price, and upon such terms and conditions (including credit) as she may determine, and to do every other act and thing necessary or apporpirate to complete the administration of this, my Last Will and Testament.


The early drafts gave the residual to Charles and James but later she was influenced to replace them with the executor of her will, Mara.

I hereby give, bequeath the rest residue and remainder of my estate to Mara Denise Ammons.

Mara will tell anybody that she is not interested in the money she is only inheriting it so she can give it to Charles and James. Mara is clever with the words but her deeds tell a different story.

I contend that Mara used undue influence over Lois to displace Charles and James as heir to the $30,000 mortgage. There is not a mother in the world in her right mind that would give her children's inheritance to a casual friend.

Lois wanted Mara as executor to divide the money between her sons but she didn't want Mara to take the money for herself and then promise to give it to Charles and James.



Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.


Did you have a question about the situation?


who would you recommend to represent me and do I have a valid case?


Sorry, JustAnswer prohibits me from making any specific recommendation or from giving you advice on whether you have a valid case. I can only offer explanations of the law. If you have a question about the law, I would be happy to assist you. Thanks



Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience: Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Thomas McJD and 2 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hello and Welcome! Thank you for allowing me to be of service to you. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you might be hoping to hear.

Sorry to hear about your situation. While we can not give you a specific referral of a lawyer to handle this matter I have provided links below that will be able to provide contact information with lawyers that can handle you will contest claim.

The Florida State Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services will provide you with a name of a lawyer that practices in probate-estate planning which includes will contests:

In addition, there is that generates a list of lawyers as well as ranking their services that contest wills as part of their regular practice of law. Here is a link to the website, you can narrow your search by city as well:

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated 3 or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • My husband has been driving me insane with questions regarding estate issues since his mother died. I'm not a lawyer! Thanks to JustAnswer, I was able to calm his concerns. Loretta T Illinois
< Previous | Next >
  • My husband has been driving me insane with questions regarding estate issues since his mother died. I'm not a lawyer! Thanks to JustAnswer, I was able to calm his concerns. Loretta T Illinois
  • Thanks Adam!! - A very direct and understandable response - you have been a great help! Happy Customer Ellicott City, MD
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas McJD

    Thomas McJD


    Satisfied Customers:

    Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas McJD's Avatar

    Thomas McJD


    Satisfied Customers:

    Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
  • Infolawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
  • Barrister's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
  • RayAnswers's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Texas lawyer for 29 years in Estate law
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
  • RobertJDFL's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
  • Dimitry Esquire's Avatar

    Dimitry Esquire


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor. I run my own practice that specializes in Estate Preparation and Administration