N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983

USA male citizen marries wealthy Swiss female citizen. Couple

USA male citizen marries wealthy Swiss female citizen. Couple live in Switzerland. USA citizen wants nothing from wife if divorced or wife dies first. Couple have prenuptial agreement in Switzerland. Would it be legally binding in USA?
A foreign premarital agreement is generally enforceable in the US, however the standards for such enforcement vary among the States.

If the agreement was freely entered into and preceded by full disclosure of all finances and each party had an attorney at the time of the agreement, it will very probably be upheld in every State, unless it was for some reason invalid under Swiss law.

Is your question about the US generally or is there a particular State you are concerned about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am from Texas and currently list TX as my residnce. Am applying for Swiss residency and plan to live in Geneva. My fiancee is Swiss and we both want that I do not inherit anything in the event of her death or a divorce. I would only be concerned about the commmunity property application by TX although I do not see how TX could have a legal claim in this situation.
Was the agreement signed in Switzerland?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Has not yet been signed but we plan that it will be signed in Switz
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure if you received my last reply. I said that the agreement has not yet been signed but we plan to sign in Switzerland
The Texas statutes on this are posted at and they allow the parties to contract as to their property rights. There is an over view of this subject posted at

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your quick and concise help in my question. Excellent
If you are satisfied, please remember to rate my answer as 3 or higher, so I will be compensated. If not, please let me know what other information you require.
Thank you for the Excellent rating!