Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I have been named in my Uncles Will. I have been sent a copy of his will and also a Waive

I have been named in my Uncles Will. I have been sent a copy of his will and also a Waiver of Notice of Probate of Will. What if anything am I agreeing to if I sign this waiver?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
This doesn't waive any substantive right that you have to receive anything under the will. It is just an administrative waiver that allows the executor of the will to have all the heirs sign a statement that they understand that the probate process has begun.
.
So you don't lose any rights to inherit by signing it. It does limit your tieme to contest the will to 4 months if for some reason you objected to what the will said and had some reason to think it wasn't a valid will.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.