David Kennett
David Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing attorney

I live in florida, and was dianose with cancer stage IV, I

I live in florida, and was dianose with cancer stage IV, I don't have insurance. Can the creditor freze my husband bank account for my medical bill expenses?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Is your name on the account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the bank account is under my husband's name only.

Dear JACUSTOMER - So long as your husband never signed to be responsible for any of your bills no one can attach his personal bank account. In order to attach a bank account the creditor must first file a suit and obtain a judgment so until a suit is there can be no attachment of anyone's account. I am very sorry to hear of your condition and hopefully everything will be OK. You shouldn't have to worry about your husband's bank account in addition to your health concerns. As I said, no one can attach anything until a suit is filed in the court and a judgment is rendered.