Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My father would like to contest his fathers will upon his

My father would like to contest his father's will upon his death. My grandfather disowned my father after my grandmother died. My grandmother had informed my dad that he would get the $60,000 from a property sale in the inheritance, but since she passed first and my grandfather disowned him, does my father have any legal claim to the $60,000 still owned him?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. He would only be able to inherit by will unless he is named on deed or on an insurance policy.
Challenging a will is difficult. Court will only permit it in limited situations.

Showing of fraud, duress or error in signing of will is needed. Such challenge needs proof to avoid dismissal. Having local counsel involved is helpful.

That can lead to settlement with the estate which may want to avoid cost and litigation. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.