Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

can an unlisted company stock certificate or bond be cashed

can an unlisted company stock certificate or bond be cashed in eve though it has another person name on it? how ? thank

A stock certificate or bond which is registered in the name of an individual can be cashed only by the named individual or a duly qualified legal representative. A court appointed guardian or personal representative of the person's estate would be such a person. A special power of attorney may or may not be accepted by the registrar of the company whose stock it is.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.