Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

What kind of attorney, do I need to assists with obtaining

What kind of attorney, do I need to assists with obtaining the right power of attorneys for my Sister ?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
You don't necessarily need to hire an attorney just to tell you what type of POA you need.
.
If you can tell me what it is that she wants you to be able to do for her, I can easily tell you that now.
.
For example, if she wants you to handle her finances and money, a General Durable Power of Attorney is all you need.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, thus far, finances, & getting her a post office mailbox, & to refund me, any out of pocket monies, I incur until, I get access to her monies & health decisions, if she becomes unable to speak on her own behalf. So, where do I get the power of attorney papers, who fills out these forms?
You can the financial POA forms at a local office supply store or can download them here for a fee:
.
http://www.uslegalforms.com/ca/CA-P003A.htm
.
There is also a site called Rocketlawyer that can guide you through preparing the forms, but they are very simple to complete.
.
You would actually complete them for sister and then would sign them for her in front of a notary. The notary is an official witness who will affirm that you were signing at sister's direction.
.
Once the POA is signed and notarized, it is legally binding and you would have the authority to act on her behalf with any financial matters.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

Please remember to rate my service. If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.