Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I was awarded some property in my divorce but the deed still

I was awarded some property in my divorce but the deed still has my ex-wife's name on it. I'm getting ready to sell the property and need to get her name removed. How do I go about this? I do not know where she is living.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. Typically you would both sign a quit claim deed and file it. Here you cannot do it.

In this situation you can check if county clerk will do it based on the court order. If clerk won't act you would need to motion the court on affidavit to compel to the clerk to change title on deed. Local counsel can help expedite that process. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am living in Florida currently. Do I have to physically go to NM to do this?

You may avoid that. Have a local lawyer deal with the clerk and if needed file the motion. Personal appearance can be avoided. Ideally find the ex and get ex to sign the quit claim deed. Good luck and enjoy the weekend.