Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

If I need a lawyer, do I need to hire a lawyer in Colorado

If I need a lawyer, do I need to hire a lawyer in Colorado or in Nevada to help with the execution of my mothers will and her executer's lack of action?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Hi there. I presumed since you had mentioned Colorado that your mother resided in Colorado at the time of her death. Let me know if that is not the case. In any event, you will want to engage a lawyer in the state in which the will would be probated, which is the state in which your mother resided at death. Then, if she happened to have real estate in other states, you will likely need to go through a probate hearing in those states as well. Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the applicable state's bar association or one of the major law schools in the applicable state for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, my mom lived in Colorado and I live in Nevada. Thank you very much and have a Great day! Larry F.

You're welcome....it's my pleasure to help! You too!
Thanks again for the positive rating! I truly appreciate that!