John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.

In the State of Illinois, how many, if any wittness signatures

In the State of Illinois, how many, if any wittness signatures are required on the self proving affidavit on a simple will?
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Two witnesses are required for a valid will in Illinois. Those witness must watch the testator sign in front of them and sign in front of each other. All of this must be done before a notary that must sign the self proving affidavit acknowledging the witnesses signatures.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,