Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

What are my responsibility for accounting as the administrator

What are my responsibility for accounting as the administrator of an estate in PA

Hello and thanks for submitting your question to Just Answer. In a nutshell, the administrator or Personal Representative is responsible for gathering the assets of the decedent's estate, inventorying and appraising the assets. Then s/he pays the decedents debts, expenses and costs of administration and distributes what is left to the heirs. The accounting consists of submitting a written record of those activities and requesting the probate court to approve those actions.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.