John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.

Aunts money all in joint account before death. All bills

Aunt's money all in joint account before death. All bills paid, taxes paid, money split per her will.
As Full power of Attorney in will, she only has a mobile home on property left to be split jointly between sons.
This I understand goes to probate although it's just the property left to change.
Do you have to give a final detailed financial accounting when everything is in a joint acct? Nevada
Nye County
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

You do not have to account for any of the accounts that were joint accounts. The only property that must be accounted for in the probate process is the solely owned property of the mobile home.

You do not even list any of the joint accounts on the probate documents.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,