AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Estate Law.
10805288

I am legally married my husband and I have been seperated

I am legally married but my husband and I have been seperated for two years My husband is with another woman whom he invited to stay with out permission in our home back in january 2013 she had him arrested and the judge gave her a stay order for 10 days the woman left on the 10th day now my husband has let her in again when i found out i told him to remove her that she was not allowed to be there, when he did she called the police again and the judge issued a stay order again for her ! my problem iss this woman is a theif a drug user she has stolen from me and things out of my house the police said there is nothing they can do and I am not allowed back at my house because the woman has them believeing that I don't live there but I still do at least 3days a week I have no other place of residence they wont escort me to remove any valuables from my house what can I do if anything

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing Estate law for 19 years and look forward to assisting you. With regard to your post:

I am legally married but my husband and I have been seperated for two years Very sorry.

My husband is with another woman whom he invited to stay with out permission in our home back in january 2013 Good grief. What did you do, were you living there when he did this - or by separated did you mean you had moved out?

she had him arrested and the judge gave her a stay order for 10 days the woman left on the 10th day OK.

now my husband has let her in again Unwise man.

when i found out i told him to remove her that she was not allowed to be there, Unfortunately, you probably do not have that legal power to order that, short of a court order. Anyone can have whatever company they wish, from a legal perspective (and generally speaking).

when he did she called the police again and the judge issued a stay order again for her ! Almost humorous, if it wasn't so pathetic.

my problem iss this woman is a theif a drug user she has stolen from me and things out of my house You can sue her for the stolen items. You can also file a police report, but if the police have no evidence that she did so (and you were obviously not a witness and you likely don't have a signed confession from her), they can not charge her.

the police said there is nothing they can do Sounds right, if the above it accurate.

and I am not allowed back at my house Says WHO? Do you have a court order saying so?

because the woman has them believeing that I don't live there but I still do at least 3days a week Show them the deed with your name on it. But, you can evict her as well, if you are the owner.

I have no other place of residence Where do you stay 4 days/week when you are not there the other 3 days?

they wont escort me to remove any valuables from my house what can I do if anything Evict her and sue her for theft. That would be in civil court.

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Massachusetts
What have you tried so far?: so far I have only been to the police dept and they said it was out of there hands Sounds like it, due to lack of evidence. That is where you then sue civilly, and evict in Landlord/Tenant Court. Follow your local landlord/tenant Court's rules about how much notice you must give, and how you must give it and get it down asap, like tomorrow, start that process. Often you can locate them on the web OR, go to your court and ask if they have a packet for pro se individuals to evict.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Estate Law.