RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

We received funds from our uncle on 1099Rs on some of them

We received funds from our uncle on 1099Rs on some of them he had taxes taking out but others he didn't. This was upon his death and we need to know if we have to pay taxes on these, if so I'm $7000 in the hole
Thank you for your question. My condolences on the passing of your uncle.

There is no federal tax on an inheritance. While Tennessee does has a state inheritance tax, it is paid at the estate level before inheritance is distributed (it's really an estate tax), so once someone receives an inheritance they do not need to pay additional taxes on the money.

Therefore, you are not required to pay taxes on the inheritance you received upon his death.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sign up for monthly charges which I didn't mean to do and I don't agree to Terms of Service.

I don't have any access to customer accounts (I'm simply an attorney here to answer questions) but I will send a message to customer service for you letting them know that you did not want the monthly subscription - they can take that off for you. No need to reply to this information request.

The system is telling me you had an additional follow-up question, but I don't see a reply from you. I think it is probably a site glitch after I asked customer service to make sure you are not on the monthly subscription plan.

If you did have a follow-up question, please reply and let me know, but if it was just a glitch, no need to respond back to me.