John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.
18914223

I am the Trustee of my mothers Revokable Living Trust and

I am the Trustee of my mother's Revokable Living Trust and am preparing a Deed to transfer the property to sister per the Trust, as our mom has passed.. The current last line of the deed reads "IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the party of the first part has duly executed this deed the day and year first above written". It is then followed by my Mother's signature as Trustee. For the new deed I propose changing this last line to read: "IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Trustee for party of the first part has duly executed this deed the day and year first above written". This would be followed by my signature Robert D Peterson as Trustee for party one (the Trust). Is this correct?
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

I think you are correct. You would change the last line of the deed to be executed by you as Trustee, instead of your mother.

However, be sure that the deed lists your sister as the Grantee, the trust as the Grantor.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Using the Deed language mom's Trust would be part 1 which I understand to be the Grantor and my sister would be party 2 which I understand is the Grantee which is what I believe you are saying.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Sorry for the delayed follow up.