John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.
18914223

What is the likely hood a will won,t go threw if it,s witness

What is the likely hood a will won,t go threw if it,s witness but not notoriety.
Thank you for your question.

I need a bit more information to answer your question. What state are you filing for probate? Also, how many witnesses are there on the Will?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

South carolina,and 2 witnesses

So long as both witnesses are still around to testify or sign an affidavit the Will can absolutely be admitted to probate.

In South Carolina, a Will must be in writing, signed by the testator and by two witnesses. Each witness must sign the Will in the testator’s presence. (See: Section 62-2-502)

Generally, it is recommended that the witnesses to the Will be “disinterested”, which means that they are not a beneficiary of the Will. In South Carolina, the signing of a Will by an interested witness does not invalidate the Will but the gift to the witness is void unless there are at least two disinterested witnesses to the Will. (See: Section 62-2-504)

If a Will’s authenticity is unchallenged it may be probated in a simplified procedure if it has been self-proven. Since this will has not been notarized it is not self-proven. Since the Will is not self-proven the witnesses to a self-proven Will are required to testify in court. (See: Section 62-2-503)

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,