John Elder
John Elder, Estate & Elder Law
Experience:  Over 14 years experience in Medicaid, Estates, Trust.

in 2004 I was diagnosed with cancer, fibermyalgia and chronic

in 2004 I was diagnosed with cancer, fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrom. Because my busibness was circled around designing dance costumes and ither dance apparel, my business couldnt sell, so we "dumped it. I applied for disability but we showed a loss on he books I was turned down for it. I am still fighting these syndroms and reconstruction form the cancer ndd ind 4 yrs ago had a stroke,,Is there such a thing and SS disability and would I qualify for it now
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Did you apply for your private disability insurance or Social Security Disability the first time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you geet my last Email?

Unfortunately no. I got your original question. I cannot tell what you filed for initially. Private disability insurance or Social Security Disability?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Social Security

Please correct me if I am still confused. It sounds like you applied for and were denied Social Security Disability in 2004. Here is what you said, "I applied for disability but we showed a loss on he books I was turned down for it."

Since that time you have not been working and have developed further disabling conditions and are looking to reapply for benefits.

You can apply for a disability determination and benefits. Your further disabling conditions will be factored in to determine if you qualify for benefits. If the social security administration finds that you are disabled then to qualify for social security disability benefits you have to prove that you have work credits over the last 5 years.

If social security finds you disabled recently then you will likely not have enough work credits to qualify for social security disability. However, you will still qualify for SSI if you have limited assets (under $2,000 in assets not including a home, a car, and personal property) and other income. SSI will pay you up to $710 per month and you will qualify for Medicaid health insurance.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,