RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

After someone dies how long does it usually take for the family

After someone dies how long does it usually take for the family to get a certified copy of the
death certificate?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

North Carolina Vital Records within the NC Department of Health and Human Services(NNN) NNN-NNNN is where copies of death certificates may be requested. There is a fee per copy. If a funeral home requests them, the charge should be included in the fee.

According to the NC Vital Records website, the processing time to get a certificate right now is 12 weeks, though if an expedite fee is paid, the request is processed within 3 days of receipt.

I would also check with the funeral home to see if they can get certified copies faster if they request them.

If you require additional information, press "REPLY" and I will be happy to assist you further.

***********************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR" SERVICE. As I answer questions as a means to help others please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional, so that I may continue to offer my time.

This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case.

Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience: Experienced in multiple areas of the law.