Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney
Experience:  Have experienced in the subject matter.
1723468

Hello my name isXXXXX and I received some papers(Information

Hello my name isXXXXX and I received some papers(Information for affidavit of heirship) from my aunt. She is wanting to buy our part of my grandpas land and we keep the mineral rights. didnt say how much and I have to get all the info from all my brothers and sister since my mom is deceasesd and from my niece and (2 nephews who are in prison) since their mom my sister is deceased and I have no ideal how to do this! Ps  She said she has been paying the taxes on this land. I have no ideal how long!Dont know if  there is  a will, well my dad saids there is a will but I never saw it!
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
This is something that you and the other heirs should get a lawyer to help with. Not sure what the "info" is that she is asking for, but you should not give her anything without knowing the market value of the land and the value of the mineral rights. Treat this as selling land to her. You should not sell land without finding the market value of the property which an expert assessor can do. Then you can negotiate a deal with her if selling is what you wish to do. Again a lawyer should be used by you and all of the other interested parties if you do not feel comfortable handling this on your own.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.