ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Is my Canadian will valid now that I moved to the U.S. I

Is my Canadian will valid now that I moved to the U.S.? I am afraid to ask an American lawyer because I am sure he will say no, just to get me to redo it. We are applying for Green cards for Permanent status. However, we want to return to Canada after my husband can find some work there. We also have a daughter & are concerned for her should something happen to us while she is in another country away from our Canadian family.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Your will is presumptively valid, but it will be probated in accordance with the state that you're living in at the moment. It would be best to have a lawyer in your state look it over, but not necessary to do so. Note that getting a new will is not that difficult (assuming that you don't have more than a couple million in assets) because you can simply execute a simple last will.

ScottyMacEsq :

I would suggest that you go to either www.uslegalforms.com or www.legalzoom.com to get a will done in your state, that is explicitly valid in your state. The www.uslegalforms.com site is going to be cheaper to get such a will at, because they don't advertise as heavily as the other, but both have very high quality wills.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!