Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert

How do I check if a will has been probated and possibly get a copy if I am listed as an h

How do I check if a will has been probated and
possibly get a copy if I am listed as an heir but
cannot get any response the attorney for the
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Contact the clerk of the probate court in the county in which your aunt lived and they can tell you if anyone has filed to probate the will. If it has been filed there or filed for probate you can get a copy from the clerk, although there will probably be a slight charge.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.