How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38801
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you write an insolvency letter for someones estate

This answer was rated:

How do you write an insolvency letter for someone's estate when there is no money to pay the debt.
You can simply send a note stating that "To whom it may concern: This is to notify you that the account holder, NAME, is deceased. Enclosed is a copy of the certificate of death. The decedent's estate contains no assets, and no probate action is contemplated. Sincerly, YOURNAME."

I would not identify myself as the decedent's surviving spouse, because it is possible that if there is any commingled asset accounts or property acquired by you or your husband during marriage, that the creditor could attempt to collect your husband's debts from you.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and 6 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you