Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney
Experience:  I have my own practice in Sarasota, FL- Estate Planning, Medicaid & VA law, Probate & Family Law
38961399

What is the usual and customary fee for managing another persons

What is the usual and customary fee for managing another person's financial and medical affairs, as Power of Attorney, when they are incapacitated due to terminal medical conditions?  In addition to managing investments, paying bills and monitoring medical care, services rendered have included maintaining property and household goods, and preparing property and household goods for sale to pay for medical bills.  
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will work diligently and quickly to answer your questions. I look forward to assisting you.

Many will charge between 2-5% of the value of the estate that they are managing.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found the same answer via Google, but I'm looking for more of a monthly or annual fee for services rendered prior to the demise of the individual. There is a different person who is the executor of the estate. My question is focused on the usual and customary fees while the individual is still living. Thanks! -mep
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 6 years ago.
Many of my clients will charge $30/hour for the work they do on behalf of someone they have POA over. However, it is important to keep a log of your time so that you can substantiate your fees