Daniel P.
Daniel P., Attorney
Experience:  I have my own practice in Sarasota, FL- Estate Planning, Medicaid & VA law, Probate & Family Law
38961399

Is there a time limit to settle an estate, it is close to two

Is there a time limit to settle an estate, it is close to two years and my sister has not finished settling it and I have no say...
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will work diligently and quickly to answer your questions. I look forward to assisting you.

there isn't any set amount of time that a probate in Mass needs to be completed by; however, you can file for an accounting of the assets and/or motion the court for a status. If you feel that your sister is not timely administering the estate and is not doing her duties as executrix, you can seek to have her removed and substituted as someone else. As a beneficiary to the estate, you are required to be kept informed of the status.