AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Estate Law.
10805288

I need a Letter of Administration for Florida. My husband has

I need a Letter of Administration for Florida. My husband has left a will stating that I am the e xecutor. I have an affidavid signed by witnesses and a notary public but the insurance co. is questioning what is needed here in Fl.....any advice?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.

Dear Jac,

I am so sorry for your loss.

If you are the executrix listed in a will, you get a letter testamentary by taking the official will, along with a certified death certificate, to the local court or city hall in the county where the deceased lived at the time of death and filing a probate petition that the probate court will likely have available there. The court will establish the validity of the will and verify you have authority to act on behalf of the deceased according to the will. The court opens a file, then issues a letter testamentary (also called letters of administration) authorizing you to act in charge of distributing assets as the decedent wished, and any other responsibilities to dissolve the estate. It is best to get multiple certified copies of the letter testamentary so you can deal with banks and others where it will be legally required.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss here.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Estate Law.