Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

average trustee fee for a special needs trust and does that

average trustee fee for a special needs trust? and does that include investment advice cost also or is that a seprate fee, $400,000 trust
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What state is this in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
The fees on these trusts are usually based upon a percentage of the trust if it is managed by an attorney or professional trust manager. The fee is generally about 0.5% -1% of the trust per year. Fees for investment or brokerage are separate from the management fees. Management fees include things like filing trust taxes, making trust distributions and paying trust bills. Everything else can be charged separately and is based upon the reasonableness of the fee for the service provided.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws