Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What does one do to revoke a QuitClaim Deed/

Customer Question

Submitted: 5 years ago via LawDepot.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 years ago.
What state is this in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Quit Claim deed to revoke or void.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Quit Claim deed to revoke or void. I have seached for legal ways of the deed

which has now past an estate .What can I do to prove that the quit claim deed was for

his interest only.

Once it is issued the recipient of the quit claim deed would need to quit claim it back to you. otherwise if done in fraud or duress, would need to get court order so voiding it on that basis.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does it mean a quitclaim deed if some dies intestate the deed the deed goes to the spouse?
If A quit claims to B and then B dies, the asset transferred would pass according to B's will, trust or if none exist by intestate law.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Quit deed was not filed til after death,he died ,no will,no trust andno probate.
one cannot revoke it once issued:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does a quiet or quit deed need to be recorded by the person recieving deed to make it legal?
It needs to be recorded with the county clerk to have binding effect and retain priority.   
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When does it (quit deeds)have to be filed at the county court? By the person who it is

deeded to or by anyone after the person is dead. THe person who had the quit deeds never recorded it,but now it is recorded, but it is impossible that it was recorded by Him.

Can you add to a dead man's?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
It can be recorded provided it is authentic.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I need to hire a lawyer and what do I need to take to him to let me know I Have the

right to do this for the rest of the family. I am the youngest child.

You would see a real estate estates lawyer locally to handle this. see www.martindale.com Bring all documents you have concerning the property including deed.