legallysound, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of practical experience in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law.

how long does the executor have to disperse funds from a settled

Customer Question

how long does the executor have to disperse funds from a settled living trust in the state of az and what happens if he does not?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  legallysound replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

1. What was the date of death?

2. Was there a need to probate the Will, or were all assets properly titled in the trust at death? Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
death october of 2006 the estate was settled march of 2008 and my uncle is the executor and he said in november of 2008 he put my share in a cd which i was not noitified or asked and said he would pay the taxes and give me my share this sping 2009.

OK. The estate must be distributed as soon as reasonably practical.

The time line you provided leads me to think there could only be one reason for withholding the distribution to you. This would be the need to obtain final clearance for the federal estate tax. This takes some time to get.

Beyond that, and without reviewing all the estate documents, I cannot conceive of a rationale reason to not distribute the assets at this time.