CA Lawyer
CA Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  California Attorney
2669768

i was raised by my aunt and uncle but never adopted. my uncle

i was raised by my aunt and uncle but never adopted. my uncle has died, my aunt may not have a will. am i legally considered her heir?
The only way you would be considered her heir at law is if your aunt has no children, no parents, and no siblings still living.

Otherwise, you would only be an heir if she made a will leaving you part of her estate.
Just to confirm, does the Aunt live in New York?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no the aunt lives in oklahoma
In that case, the answer remains the same. However, if there was at least one living relative at any level (e.g., one living brother, and one deceased), then they would receive part and the issue (children, grandchildren, great grandchildren) of any deceased living relatives of the same degree of sanguinuity (ie. other siblings if the closest living relative is a brother) would split the deceased parent or grandparents share.