JaxLaw
JaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Estate Planning (i.e. wills, trusts, power-of-attorney doc.s, living wills, etc.), Probate and mor
9345660
Estate Law

About how long does probate take in Pennsylvania

My father passed away 3... Show More
My father passed away 3 months ago and the will was filed 2 months ago. There is no property involved - just a bank account and stocks
Category: Estate Law
replied 8 years ago.

DISCLAIMER - This answer is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. The information provided is for educational purposes only. For specific advice regarding your situation, please consult a qualified attorney in your area.

Unfortunately, there is no set time period for probate. Usually, however, if the estate is small and there are not a lot of assets, creditors or contests to the will, the process should be relatively short (i.e. 3-6 months). If the estate is complicated then it could take a year or so.