Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Choose an item that you would like to manufacture. You do

Customer Question

Choose an item that you would like to manufacture. You do not actually need to manufacture something, but will proceed through the assignment as if you were planning on manufacturing the item you have selected. The product should require materials and labor and be something that you are familiar with in process from start to finish. The product must be useful and marketable. You can choose something as simple as making chocolate chip cookies, a type of craft, or something more complicated. Consider production as if you were making the product from beginning to end, and not as if using a kit.
Perform the following steps:
Choose a product to manufacture and describe the manufacturing process.
Prepare the following budgets for 1 quarter, broken down monthly, regarding your chosen item:
estimated sales budget
estimated direct materials budget
estimated direct labors budget
estimated manufacturing overhead budget
estimated selling and administrative expenses
estimated income statement.
Classify all manufacturing costs and selling and administrative expenses as either variable or fixed.
Prepare a contribution margin income statement separating all variable and fixed costs into their own categories.
Determine the breakeven point in units and dollars. Also determine the number of units and dollars that need to be sold to make a target profit of $5,000 a month.
Identify what types of trends you should be aware of in the industry and who the primary competitors are.
Answer the following question: If you had to improve the bot***** *****ne, what would you do and what concerns would you have going forward?
Choose a piece of equipment that you might consider purchasing to increase production of your item and address the following questions: What types of capital budgeting factors would you look at when deciding whether to do this? What would be the relevant costs that you would consider in this decision?
Your final project should be in the form of a paper, using Microsoft Word, that addresses each of these different areas. Steps #1, 6, 7 and 8 will be in paragraph form and Steps #2, 3, 4 and 5 will involve numerical calculations that should be put into the form of a table in proper format and included as part of the paper. You should show any calculations in a table within Word. Your paper should be 3-6 double-spaced pages (body of the paper) and follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Be sure to review the Portfolio Project grading rubric, which may be accessed through the Course Information page.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Jawaad Ahmed replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Kindly mention the deadline as well as let me know that could you cite me in the assignment?, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is 12am tonight mountains time but I think I can send it before or around 4am on 10/31
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see anything as respond or answer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you could cite in the assignment