Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

You have been hired as a consultant to help a local machine

You have been hired as a consultant to help a local machine shop solve a hazardous noise problem. The shop is 10,000 square feet in area, with 12-foot-high concrete block walls and a flat metal roof. Inside the shop are two band saws, two metal lathes, three drill presses, one milling machine, and three abrasive grinders. The six employees work at benches located throughout the shop, using a variety of pneumatic-powered hand tools and non-powered tools. A recent noise survey found sound pressure levels exceeding 100dBA in some parts of the shop. All employees were monitored for noise exposure over an eight-hour workday, and the calculated TWA for noise for the employees ranged from 88dBA to 97dBA. Determine a possible control measure for each of the six levels in the hierarchy of controls (p. 273 in your textbook), and explain the reasoning behind each choice. Which control measure(s) would you recommend to the machine shop manager?
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: Reference
Manuele, F. A. (2014). Advanced Safety Management: Focusing on Z10 and Serious Injury Prevention (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The answer must be 200 words at a minimum.

Hi, I'm Greg. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the model resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!